Our Montessori classrooms are busy,productive places with attractive and carefully made materials, which enable our students to work at their own pace.
Each child is allowed to choose his/her own work, carrying it out to completion with great concentration and enthusiasm.
Our curriculum emphasizes the development of the whole child within a helpful, respectful, and co-operative community.
We help each child achieve his/her full potential by following these key premises of Montessori education:
- Children are to be respected as individuals who differ from each other.
- Children possess unusual sensitivity and mental powers for absorbing and learning from their environment.
- The most important years of growth are the first six years of life when unconscious learning is gradually brought to the conscious level.
Our classrooms are spacious and well-equipped with specially designed Montessori materials. These materials are divided into the five Montessori areas:
- Exercise of Practical Life materials help the child master the day-to-day needs of taking care of himself and his/her environment, such as dressing, pouring, and washing.
- Sensorial materials aid the child in his/her powers of observation and discrimination of the senses, such as discriminating colors, sizes, shapes, textures and sounds.
- Language materials promote reading, writing, expression and comprehension primarily through phonics, reading/writing mechanics, handwriting development and self-expression.
- Arithmetic materials begin with the concrete understanding of quantity, symbol, and the four operations (+, -, ×, ÷); and progress towards the goal of using these concepts without the aid of Montessori materials.
- Culture is comprised of activities in geography, science, music, art, etc. These various activities provide the child with the opportunity to learn more about the world around him. The Montessori curriculum emphasizes the development of the whole child within a helpful, respectful and cooperative community, helping the child achieve his/her full potential.
Enrichment Classes are a core part of the curriculum at Parilok.
Outdoor play is critical for children of all ages.
Parilok offers a large playground, including swings, play equipment, a sandbox with toys as well as open space, all of which aid the development of the child’s gross motor skills.